Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fau Shiu Lau 佛笑樓, Macau

When I was a kid, I often came across this name on TV commercial.  Later on, on my first trip to Macau, I was brought to this place but it wasn't that pricey back then.  It's about HK$100-150 per head.  At this recent visit, just their signature dish pigeon.  It's HK$148 (vs. HK$48 in those mid-level restaurant).  In general, I really don't appreciate most of the Macau food among all the Cantonese neighbouring cities.  The service is also very arrogant.  Besides the pigeon, I got their fried rice with Mackerel fish chunks (HK$128) (this one is a bit better) and the cabbage soaked in chicken stock (HK$98).  The cabbage wasn't soaked in chicken stock, but just bland water.  The waiter kept pushing us to pour the olive oil and vinegar.  Then I knew why - just to cover up.  So I can forget about this place.

1 comment:

Stella said...

The fried rice and pigeon look worse and twice as expensive than those in LA.