Sunday, January 12, 2014

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Sino Plaza, Causeway Bay, HK

If the shop doesn't have the name, I would wonder what was on the table.  We had a scone and a pear tart but both failed.  The scone was smashed into tiny pieces when you tried to cut it.  It's also much too dry but good that they have this in this super mini-sized (but not the price).  The pear tart is heavily sweetened without any tart aroma.  The worst is their mocha (they named it as mocha latte somehow).  No coffee aroma, body or flavour and no choco aroma either.  Only milk and sugar.  
So far in SE Asia, only the branches in KL can be acceptable.  The one in BKK is yet far much better than this one.

9 comments:

Stella said...

The scone and tart look skinny with mulnrition.
Is this really teh Coffee Bean brand in US as even the color of logo is different?
The one here is very good; especially the choco drink better than my favorite SB.
But locations not as good as SB.

in the sea said...

OK, let me call the Customs dept. in HK. :)

Stella said...

Ha ha ha you always made me laugh Sea.
The color of the logo is grean and black so this one may be the "A Product". :)

in the sea said...

I see. So this A product also extends to KL and BKK.

Stella said...

My confession Sea:
I purposely drove by fAir Oaks to check last night. The leon lihgt sign is "red and whote" like this one.
The green and black is the color for the gift card.
Sorry about the confusion.

in the sea said...

Ah... no problem. Next time if I see a blue and yellow Starbucks, I'll inform you. :)

Stella said...

Bi chance for you to see "blue and yellow" since you are always so observant not like me.

in the sea said...

I often "big eye overlook".

Stella said...

"Big eye overlook" is still better than "blind" or "no eye".
:)