Friday, January 3, 2014

Lawry's, the Prime Rib, relocated to Hutchison House Central, HK

Lawry's has been relocated from Lee Garden to Hutchison House.  Though in just a month something, I have been here twice because I had a very nice meal from the first re-visit.  Unfortunately, at the second recent visit, the quality and service dropped.  The first 6 photos were taken on the first visit.  The Lawry's cut is very nice.  Photo 7-10 shows the 2nd visit that we tried their diamond Jim Badly's cut and the California cut.  Somehow the rib got a bit overcooked.  Besides, the lobster bisque isn't hot enough, and the lobster tail is a bit too salty.  So I'd better give this place some time until I feel like having another visit.

10 comments:

Stella said...

Lawry in LA only has prime rib and no lobster tail.

in the sea said...

Lawry's HK serves seafood, pork chops and spring chicken.

Stella said...

Oh boy I hate to hear this.

OK, Can I come here as well as to Clipper Lounge again when I come to HK? (If price in line with with the US price not 2 or 3 times higher).

in the sea said...

Har… I'd want to bring you to try Cova for other western cuisine. Also, there are some nice restaurants in the mid-level of Central for European cuisine. If you really wanna try Lawry's HK, I'd suggest it be a lunch as they have some bargain lunch set for 2-3 course at around HK$200-300. At dinner, California cut is about HK$428, English 3 thin slice cut is HK$498 and the Lawry's cut is HK$598. The biggest cut Diamond Jim Badly's cut is HK$768. :)

Stella said...

I can skip Lawry in HK but cannot skip MO Clipper's Lounge.

Oh I heard about Cova as it is a popular place always see from Magazine. Yes I would like to try here so I can tell my friends I have been here.
Thank you Sea for the good thought.

in the sea said...

On the last visit at Clipper's lounge (about 1 month ago), it wasn't too good. Sorry for this advance disappointment. However, there are yet lots other places to be discovered.

Stella said...

It is good to lower my expectation first, then later easier to have some good surprises.

in the sea said...

低處未算低....

Stella said...

I always like your fast rhinking and good sense of humor.
Thanks.

in the sea said...

Have to thank those harsh and difficult people for the training.