Thursday, January 16, 2014

Corner Deluxe room, East Beijing, 東隅 China

Chose this hotel because it's not near the city centre but close to where I usually go for meetings (the eastern part of the city between 3rd ring and 4th ring).  When I checked in the hotel, I felt like home already as the hotel design is very much like its headquarters East Hong Kong in Taikooshing.  Besides, it looks like the lounge of CX.  I also see many CX and KA crew staying at this hotel.  Another nice surprise is the room upgrade to this corner room (50% bigger and with a nice bath tub). The room is very comfy with nice bathroom amenities  by Elemis (same products CX lounge uses).  *one interesting with this hotel is that I can access to blogger and yahoo HK, but anywhere else like in other hotels or airport areas, I still couldn't access to blogger and yahoo HK.  Wondered if it's related to the property being a Swire investment.  Will find that out.

5 comments:

Stella said...

Not easy you can go to the blogger and Yahoo or Google in China.

in the sea said...

Yahoo US is ok in China, but not Yahoo HK.

Stella said...

Oh I see.
What is the differecne between the two?
They think HK people will scold them more thru Yahoo?

in the sea said...

To my notice, if there are something happening before that those were once banned, then those will be banned forever, regardless of the time changes. So I guess Yahoo HK might have something upsetting "someone".

Stella said...

Oh I see.
Yes this is China....