Monday, January 16, 2017

lunch at Jozankei Daiichi Hotel Suizantei, Hokkaido

Learned about this chain hotel during my visit in Lake Shikotsu.  When I walked in the restaurant, I found out there were quite many locals already having their lunch.  Most of them had cold soba (even it's winter time).  Out of curiosity, I ordered one in addition to the set lunch menu.  The noodle was a bit too sticky though the chilled soba sauce was very nice.  The menu set was very good too except the beef filet was a bit too fatty.  I personally don't prefer fatty beef. 

2 comments:

SS said...

I also do not like fatty beef as I feel like eating my own cholesterol back.
But for Wagyu once in a while ok.
They may give you Wagyu beef that is why.

in the sea said...

In some way, some fat in the meat would help boosting up the meat flavour. I'd prefer the fat in between the bone and meat, not that of the Wagyu beef.