Friday, February 7, 2014

Au Poisson Grille, Cannes, Southern France

Passed by this shop and got a pleasant introduction of their 2 course dinner set (either entree + main or main + dessert).  So if you are eating in 2 and if you like to share food, this can be a good idea to get one for the first 2 and the other for the latter 2).  In fact, we shouldn't eat too much at night time.  Anyway, we didn't go for the above suggestion but rather took the main + dessert.  The squid pasta was really good with al dente spaghetti and the sauce was cooked in a fresh squid chunks with onion an tomato that it tasted a rich squid flavour.  On the other main, I tried a perch filet.  I like the olive on it but I can't take too much.  It's a pity that my stomach can't take too much olive or olive oil.  This is a setback to me as French cuisine is always my favourite among all the European ones.  

5 comments:

Stella said...

I also like French food more than Italian when I have time to eat long hours.

in the sea said...

I noticed they drink for an hour first and then spend quite some time on what to take. Then an hour of serving and eating. An hour for dessert and chat. So 3 hours is the minimum. As for me, I'd order the food promptly and ask for the check when the dessert is served. It takes about an hour to an hour plus half usually.

Stella said...

That is the difference between HK people and French.

In here the French Restaurant I go shall need to get done a 3-course dinner within 90 minutes including waiting to be seated.

in the sea said...

So most local French waiters are surprised why I didn't have a coffee after meal and wine to go with the meal. Some even asked if it's a custom Chinese don't drink. I simply told them that's probably me, as I know quite many others drink. There were a few times on some further chat, I told them I use a lot of wine for cooking, but not drinking... :)

Stella said...

You are right Sea.
Wine is for cooking only.