Monday, February 10, 2014

Le Palais Oriental, Moroccan restaurant, Cannes, Southern France

Due to the location on the northern shore of Mediterranean Sea, there are quite a number of Moroccan restaurants in Cannes.  Though I am not a big fan for Moroccan cuisine, as I have taken quite many French meals, I felt like trying a meal from this place, as I noticed quite many local French visiting here.  The waitress recommended me to try their Moroccan salad (photo 3) and their lamb stew with dried plum.  Then on the other set, she suggested their deep fried food and slow cooked lamb leg with veggie over couscous.  I was shocked when they served such a big plate of food - good for 4 persons.  However, these 2 dishes are not bad though I found a hard time with my stomach.  So I had to ask for a citron sorbet as the dessert to take out the heavy feeling.


7 comments:

Stella said...

Sounds like relative of Mandarin Oriental.

BTW, my friend told me Exselsior Hotel in HK is affiliated with Mandarin Oriental. In this case I may consider to stay there.

in the sea said...

Yes, it's under MO. Wow... you really sound like your beloved HK bro. Whatever related to MO can't be wrong, or I have to shut up for my freedom of speech. Then I think the $300 extra isn't anything in this connection. I need to write to Excelsior HK that they need to have a "fan" logo outside no matter how small it is. BTW, there is a Cova restaurant nearby, selling nice dessert buffet (but a lot of cold cut/sandwich/pastries, like a full buffet) with 2 drinks at HK$258.

Stella said...

Hurray.
Good that I bumped into my friedn last week so she told me this. She came to LA for one week to see mon for CNY without telling me but we bumped at the restaurant by accident. So we meet and eat on the following day. I just saw her in late Dec so did not really expect to see her in early Feb.

In this case it is worth the $600US extra for the 5-day stay. I am willing to save other cost to make up this.
Yes I know Cova is close by too. This is a popular place with all the yuppies and celebrities eat place.

Please be prepared only eat at street or Tsui Wah type on other days LOL.....

in the sea said...

Anyway, pls don't expect too much from the room. The location of Excelsior is perfect though. Half and half, as there are quite many yet to be explored. This time it may be good to go visit other places. Will bring you to some "higher" places to eat "view", after too much good food on the ground level. :)

Stella said...

That is great.
Anything from you shall be good either "higher' or "lower" level or on ground leval or under ground.
YOu are the best tour leader on earth.

in the sea said...

Underground? Let me study that.

Stella said...

Yes underground is kind of special and romantic too.