Monday, February 17, 2014

Leopard restaurant, Asian buffet, Nice, Southern France

The restaurant used to sell their buffet at Euros 36.  This time I found it changed to another name and the price dropped by half.  Out of curiosity, I came in for a try.  Not sure if the price drop attracted some interesting clientele.  I got some annoying warning by a local who thought I took photos of his Negro girlfriend.  So the misunderstanding came on my photo taking at the food table as well as my holding camera in my arms when I was sitting down.   They might not know that's Europe where no one would wanna leave their valuable belongings unattended.  Somehow all these probably led to that Negro girl's thinking that I was taking photos on her.  Horrible and in fact, not a prejudice, she isn't those like Beyonce that could attract camera's attention.   Anyway, that's not my place.  I wouldn't bother for the truth but simply walked away as that guy's English isn't fluent.  Besides, I noticed he ate in a very rude manner - drank the left over icy water from the cold seafood with the plate over onto his mouth.  He also raised his girlfriend's arm like playing with a monkey.  
This time I noticed photo taking is still not that popular in France.  On another subject, my local business friends asked me about ringtone market and if that's popular in HK.  I told them yes... but 10 years ago.  Another noticeable thing is that I found out they start to have 1 Euro shop, like 100 yen store in Asia.  Probably 10 years later, they would start to use smartphones for selfie.
Back to this place, Euros 17.8 for a dinner buffet isn't bad.  At least you can get some fresh stir fried or BBQ dishes.  The cold dishes aren't bad.  Interesting that they have some very Chinese snack like peanut candy and ginger candy too.

1 comment:

Stella said...

Price ok but small portion just like the petite size of Frencg compared to the US.