Monday, February 3, 2014

Pause Cafe, Cannes, Southern France

It's been 18 years I have been to Cannes.  Witnessed some changes of shops and places.  Some were gone or replaced.  As I tried to get to my regularly visited restaurant L'Olivier on a side street off the main road Rue Antibe, it was closed.  The next day, as I was looking for HSBC on the other side of the town, on my way back, there I came into this restaurant.  What a pleasant surprise I saw some familiar faces.  There were the waiter/waitress from L'Olivier.
We were served some complimentary pink champagne.  Then ordered a set meal of 3 courses.  The fish soup is quite different from the traditional one, but so nice that they made it more sour and aromatic.  The salad is good too with some very nice veggie.  Had a rum steak.  Though it's a bit overcooked, it's not bad (don't know why in the other 2 restaurants when I ordered a medium cook, they all turned out well done.).  Had the lemon tart and banana choco tart as the dessert.  Both are very nice too.  This meal is super bargain at just Euros 19 net.  This year I found out many restaurants have all the prices net.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Good to know there is still some good food with bargain price in France particularly Cannes.

in the sea said...

There are still a large no. of expensive ones though. FYI, Sunday brunch at Carlton Intercontinental is about Euros 85.

Stella said...

I think it is normal to be expensive in Frace overall.