Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Cafe Montagu, Canggu, Bali

There are quite a no. of cozy cafe and restaurants in this area of Canggu - Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong.  Also noted quite many of them serving vegetarian food and gluten-free food.
This cafe serves some simple sandwich and salad.  After I ordered a spicy tuna melt, I noticed their signature burger (Veggie burger) seemed to be quite popular.  The tuna melt was quite heavy with olive oil that I really didn't like it.  Once again, I really don't appreciate the heavy use of olive oil, making it as drinking oil rather than tasting it.  The salmon on red rice was quite disappointing too as the red rice was much too soft and even mashy.  The better one was the beetroot salad. 

5 comments:

SS said...

I think food in Indonesia overall cannot compare with BKK.

in the sea said...

There are some Indonesian restaurants I do miss a lot, but it's closed down quite many years ago. One is called BeBe Bengal (originating from Bali) but I wouldn't have the motive to go check this one when in Bali. They do serve some very nice Balinese dishes.

SS said...

Oh I see.
Indonesian food not has so many varieties as Chinese and Thai dishes.
And their taste is similar.
I only like the Gado Gado, the friend chicken, the shrimp chip and the Chendo drink.

in the sea said...

Yes, there may not be and most common are those Nasi Goreng, Mie Goreng, Beef Redang, Gado Gado...etc. However, the restaurant BeBe Bengal serves a menu with more interesting dishes. They cook some plain rice with lemon grass and sugar cane roll with bamboo leaf wrapping it. They have some mixed fish and prawn meat sticks. Also some nice grilled pork chops

SS said...

Thank you Sea for the note.