Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Little Flanders, Canggu, Bali

This place looks quite cozy but its higher ranking on the food forum made me hesitate to go in, since I'm really losing confidence in those food forums.  
Noticed on the black board the lobster pasta was just about US$18.  Out of curiosity, we gave it a try.  Beside this dish, we ordered a Hokkien noodle.  It was heavily seasoned in heavy soy sauce plus Hoi Seen (seafood) sauce.  When the lobster pasta was served, I was on a high hope and surprised that there were 2 lobsters (not so small) served.  As when I pressed on the meat, I knew it's undercooked.  Then I ripped the inside part, it was still transparent (though it means very fresh).  I then told the waitress that it's undercooked.  Even though it's not acceptable for this lobster being undercooked, further that it's in common sense any seafood being re-cooked again wouldn't taste any better, the dish was put back on the table after some pasta was taken out but not being replaced.  Sadly the dish was totally destroyed.  As when the owner noticed my black face, he came to show up and get social by saying "well, a very rich lunch you have".  I replied at a cool tune "not so".  Then he tried to warm up the conversation by asking if the lobster was fresh...etc.  I didn't give a note but nod nod.  If he could have gone more straight forward by not testing the water, I wouldn't go "cooler".  Simply there shouldn't be a chance to explain as I wouldn't go back for sure. 

3 comments:

SS said...

$18 US for 2 fresh lobsters is very cheap price.
You shall do sashimi with it.

in the sea said...

Supposed the lobster can be eaten raw but as I am not sure how they clean the lobster. It'd better be taken as cooked.

SS said...

That is true.
Better be safe and not good to get sick during a trip.